Our programme reflects the special nature of the centre, it’s people and their beliefs.
Programming is cyclic and begins with observations of the children’s strength, interests, needs and behaviours. Planning can be a response to the findings on individual children, groups of children, aspects of the environment or a particular routine or event.
Planning is a collective process with all staff and parents/whanau involved where possible., and is linked to the learning outcomes in Te Whaariki which is the Early Childhood Curriculum.
All planning is well documented and displayed, for our families to read and contribute to if desired.
At Royal Oak Childcare Centre and Learning Centre we believe:
- That children are born free and equal and should be treated with dignity and respect
- That children need opportunities to connect with nature.
- That children play to learn and therefore need long periods of uninterrupted time to do this
- That children and their families should be valued for who they are, made to feel welcome and not be compared to others
- That beautiful environments enrich and enhance children’s learning
- That good quality open ended resources develop the imagination crucial to further abstract learning
- That there are universal patterns to children’s play, essential to their intellectual, physical, and emotional development and we should plan to support these unfolding.
- That routines and rituals are important to children feeling safe and having a sense of belonging
Please contact us for fees schedule.